- Retractable Technologies Updates on Results of Operations
- Aetna Board of Directors Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- WellPoint Declares 2Q Fiscal 2013 Dividend
- PwC U.S.: Fewer Venture Capital Dollars Invested in Life Sciences Companies in 1Q 2013
- Tornier Closes Public Offering of Ordinary Shares, Underwriters Exercise Full Over-Allotment Option
- Dynasil Corp. of America Posts 2Q Fiscal 2013 Results
- Cardium Reports 1Q 2013 Results
- NBK Capital completes successful exit of DunyaGoz ophthalmology hospital chain
- NIGHTLY BUSINESS REPORT for May 23, 2013, PBS
- Himalayan Bank's debentures given LA rating by ICRA
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated May 24, 11:26 PM
PHOENIX - A federal judge ruled Friday that the office of America's self-proclaimed toughest sheriff systematically singled out Latinos in its trademark immigration patrols, marking the first finding by a court that the agency racially profiles people.
The decision by U.S. District Judge Murray Snow in Phoenix backs up years of allegations from Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's critics who say his officers violate the constitutional rights of Latinos in relying on race in their immigration enforcement.
Snow, whose ruling came more than eight months after a seven-day, non-jury trial, also ruled Arpaio's deputies unreasonably prolonged the detentions of people who were pulled over.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated May 24, 11:30 PM
DETROIT - Add another near miss in this 2013 baseball season - this time it was Detroit's Anibal Sanchez falling just short of a no-hitter.
Sanchez's bid was broken up with one out in the ninth inning Friday night when Minnesota's Joe Mauer hit a clean single up the middle.
It was the fourth one-hitter of Sanchez's career, to go along a no-hitter he threw as a rookie back in 2006.
|Provide as much information as you know, and click Get Map.|
Wind: 3 MPH NE
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|