- Cantel Medical Posts Sales for the First Quarter
- Research and Markets Adds Report: The Physical Security Business 2013 to 2017
- ReneSola Posts Third Quarter 2013 Results
- Is there a safe alternative to Treasuries?
- Carlyle, Farallon bet on China funeral growth with HK IPO [Daily News (White Plains, NY)]
- New hedge funds need $300 million in assets just to break even [Daily News (White Plains, NY)]
- ARCM raises $1.1 billion in Asia's biggest hedge fund launch this year [Daily News (White Plains, NY)]
- BRIEF: Parent of Liberty Tax has net loss of $8.5 million
- Centamin PLC: RECOMMENDED TAKEOVER OFFER FOR AMPELLA MINING
- BVi Consulting chooses Deltek Vision solution
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Dec 10, 03:06 AM
LOS ANGELES - Roughly three years ago, a man referred to in a federal indictment as "Visitor LF" went to Men's Central Jail to discuss his inability to visit his brother there.
Instead, a Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy allegedly handcuffed him, took him to a break room with no windows or public access, and threw him against a refrigerator.
It was one among many allegations announced by federal officials as they charged 18 current and former Los Angeles County sheriff's officials with beating inmates and jail visitors, falsifying reports, and trying to obstruct an FBI probe of the nation's largest jail system.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Dec 10, 01:38 AM
CHICAGO - Neither the brutal cold nor the league's worst defense could stop Josh McCown and the Bears.
McCown threw for a career-high four touchdowns, and the Bears scored on their first eight possessions to grab a share of the NFC North lead with a 45-28 victory over the Dallas Cowboys on a frigid Monday night.
The Bears (7-6) retired Hall of Famer Mike Ditka's number at halftime and pulled even with Detroit in the division race on a night when the game-time temperature was in single digits and the wind chill factor was below zero.
|Provide as much information as you know, and click Get Map.|
Wind: 12 MPH N
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|