- Regence Names New Market Presidents in Washington and Oregon
- Lockheed Martin looks to grow health care role
- New Lutheran General president named
- Striking nurses locked out at Valley Hospital
- Marijuana news: The Don Draper of pot; Uruguay poised to legalize marijuana
- Mental patient beds are usually available, group says
- Free flu shot clinics scheduled for National Influenza Vaccination Week
- Obamacare putting pressure on Lehigh Valley Health Network's bottom line
- EDITORIAL: More ObamaCare fallout: Medicare disadvantage
- The Hutch, partners launch cancer-research biotech
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Dec 05, 02:21 AM
BISMARCK, N.D. - Some people were choosing to stay indoors as an arctic blast swept across the Northern Plains, but the prospect of temperatures not cracking single digits had a different effect on the roustabouts, roughnecks and thousands of others working outside in western North Dakota's oil patch.
"The joke around here is: This kind of weather keeps out the riffraff."
North Dakota historically has conjured up images of a bleak, wind-swept and treeless wasteland.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Dec 04, 11:26 PM
MEXICO CITY - The game between the San Antonio Spurs and Minnesota Timberwolves was postponed Wednesday night because of smoky conditions inside the Mexico City arena.
The arena was evacuated about 45 minutes before the scheduled 9:30 p.m. EST tipoff when a generator malfunction outside the arena sent smoke pouring into the building, according to NBA spokeswoman Sharon Lima.
Mexico City Police said in a statement there was a fire in the generator room on the fourth floor of the modern glass-clad arena that opened in 2012.
|Provide as much information as you know, and click Get Map.|
Wind: 6 MPH SSW
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|