- U.S. to airlift African troops to Central African Republic
- Thai PM insists she will not resign before polls
- Cellcom Israel Announces Network and Site Sharing Agreements
- Gunmen kill senior Libyan police officer
- How violence has isolated Al Wefaq
- Alternative energy strategies probed
- Three in custody over man's death
- Sudan's Bashir says selection of the new ministers was not easy
- Police warn of terrorist plot to strike Ugandan capital
- Warrap SPLM youth back governor's removal
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Dec 09, 11:28 PM
WASHINGTON - Narrowly beating a midnight deadline, Congress voted Monday to renew an expiring ban on plastic firearms that can evade airport detection machines.
President Barack Obama signed the law before midnight, using an auto pen as he traveled to Africa for ceremonies honoring the late South African President Nelson Mandela.
GOP senators rejected an effort by Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., to strengthen the ban by requiring that such weapons contain undetachable metal parts.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Dec 10, 01:38 AM
CHICAGO - Neither the brutal cold nor the league's worst defense could stop Josh McCown and the Bears.
McCown threw for a career-high four touchdowns, and the Bears scored on their first eight possessions to grab a share of the NFC North lead with a 45-28 victory over the Dallas Cowboys on a frigid Monday night.
The Bears (7-6) retired Hall of Famer Mike Ditka's number at halftime and pulled even with Detroit in the division race on a night when the game-time temperature was in single digits and the wind chill factor was below zero.
|Provide as much information as you know, and click Get Map.|
Wind: 18 MPH N
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|